WHY DO YOU NEED AN AGENT?
- Buying a home is one of the most important purchases in a lifetime. It is essential that you have an agent in your corner, always looking out for your best interest.
- After all, a seller has someone in their corner. The listing agent has an allegiance to the seller. The goal is to get the seller top dollar for their home.
- There is incredible value in having someone working for YOUR best interest when buying a home.
GETTING YOU IN THE DOOR
We will narrow down the homes that fit your specific needs and wants. Looking at dozens of homes every week, I can help you identify potential problems within a home.
HANDLING CHALLENGING CONVERSATIONS
When repairs or changes or price need to be made, I will be your guide and handle repair requests and negotiations.
STAYING ON TOP OF THE PAPERWORK
Buying a home requires many types of documentation, I have the knowledge and expertise regarding real estate contracts.
ON YOUR SIDE
A buyer’s agent will work in your best interest. With my eyes on the local market and a sound understanding of how various amenities affect the value of a home, I will make sure you submit a competitive offer on the home of your choice without paying too much.
Working daily in neighborhoods with inspectors, contractors, & negotiating with sellers, I have the market knowledge you need to get the best results from your purchase.
A QUICK GUIDE TO BUYING THE PROCESS
CONSULTATION Meet with your Real Estate Agent! Discuss what you are looking for.
PRE-QUALIFIED If you need financing get pre-approved by a lender or bank
HOME SEARCH! Your agent will narrow down options for your reivew.
MAKE AN OFFER! Negotiate the offer and get it accepted! Contingent on inspection.
HOME INSPECTION Discuss Results, decide if any repairs are needed.
APPRAISAL & TITLE SEARCH The bank orders the appraisal, title search and final financing is set.
CLOSING Sign papers and pop the bubbly!Congratulations, you are home owner.
THE INITAL PROCESS
I would love to chat with you about your needs, wishes and wants in your new home!
• How long have you been looking for a new home?
• What areas and neighborhoods are you looking at?
• What is your Plan B, if you can’t find the home you have in mind?
• What are some of your must have items?
• What are deal breaker items?
2. PRE- APPROVAL
This is a quick necessary process the helps narrow down and determine how much you can afford!
Lenders typically recommend a home that costs no more than three to five times your annual household income, with a 20% down payment.
In a competitive market, sellers may ask for proof of pre-approval. This document can help strengthen your offer! Make sure to get a pre-approved letter before we start viewing homes.
YOUR DREAM HOME
3. LET’S START THE SEARCH
I will tailor listings based on your criteria. I funnel all properties and pick the best to view, and will filter out the homes that will not work.
Most buyers look at approximately 10 properties and are then ready to make an offer. At that time, if you have not found a home you are looking for – it’s HIGHLY recommended that we sit down and review your criteria to make sure that we are still looking for the right house!
Once you find one you love… it’s time to determine the market value of that property. I will compare that home to others that have sold and from there we will determine the value for the home!
4. MAKING AN OFFER
Now is the exciting time! When you are ready to write an offer, I will walk you through the contract. It is important to write a fair offer or you can run the risk of the seller not responding or even losing the property to another buyer making an offer.
• Write the Offer
• Negotiate the Offer
• Satisfy Conditions
INSPECTIONS AND MORE
5. HOME INSPECTIONS
The immediate step after your offer is accepted is to schedule a home inspection. You will have a certain number of days to complete this inspection after the offer was accepted. This also includes termite inspection if you are in an area where you would be effected.
Your home inspection letter will verify that all items considered defective or problems relating to the safely of the home corrected prior to closing.
6. APPRAISAL, TITLE SEARCH & FINAL LENDER LETTER
The title is right to own, possess, use and control of a property. When purchasing a home you are buying a sellers title to the home. Before closing a title search is done to ensure there are no leans, or problems that might prevent a clean title for you to close on the home.
An appraisal, is an estimate of the property value. The approval is not only to justify the lender’s investment, but to help keep the buyer from overpaying on a property. Your lender will typically hire an appraiser and charge you the fee at closing.
Final commitment lender’s letter approves your home loan! You will receive a letter and loan term to your mortgage agreement. Your final letter will include your annual percentage rates, monthly fees, and repayment information for the loan.
7. THE CLOSING
The closing process finalizes the purchase of your home.
A FEW THINGS TO BRING
• A valid government issued photo ID
• Cashier’s check payable for the total amount due
• Any outstanding documents for the title company or loan officer
Fees typically total 3% – 7% of the total purchase price and can include:
• Escrow Fees
• Recording fees
• Application and underwriting fees
• SIDs and/or LIDs
• Appraisal Fees
• Local Transfer Taxes
• Homeowners Insurance
• Homeowners Association Fees
SCHEDULE YOUR MOVE
• Finalize mortgage details
• Schedule home inspection
• Gather and store important documents together
• Create an inventory of valuables
• Get estimates for moving companies
4 WEEKS TO MOVE
• Give 30day notice to landlord
• Schedule movers/truck
• Start packing!
2 WEEKS TO MOVE
• Secure home warranty
• Get quotes for home insurance
• Schedule time for closing
• Contact utility companies
• Address change notices
• Keep packing!
3 WEEKS TO MOVE
• Arrange appraisal with lender
• Complete title search (handled by closing attorney)
1 WEEK TO MOVE
• Obtain certified checks for closing
• Schedule final walkthrough
• Finish packing
• Confirm moving truck